Hanging out at the beach and want some fun conversation starters? Here are 20 fun questions and trivia to spark new conversation with your beach pals while you chill and listen to the waves crash on the sand.
These questions come from our new question game 501 Questions: A Travel Game where you can get over 501 awesome conversation starters!
20 Fun Questions & Trivia for Chilling at the Beach
Would You Rather:
1. Swim in the ocean or at the pool?
2. Play volleyball, go for a walk, or read and nap on the beach?
3. Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef or scuba dive a shipwreck right now?
4. Get sun burned so bad your first day at the beach that you can’t be out in the sun again or have it rain every day on your trip?
5. Forget your sunglasses or your sunscreen?
If You Could:
6. Go parasailing for free right now, would you?
7. Either swim with dolphins or a whale shark tomorrow, which experience would you choose?
8. Have someone serve you any food and drinks on the beach right now, what are all the goodies you’d order?
9. Travel to three countries this year, which ones would you choose?
10. Relax your entire trip at the beach, how would you spend your time?
Tell Me About:
11. The craziest moment you've ever experienced at the beach.
12. The most embarrassing bathing suit situation you've ever had.
13. Your dreams. Do you dream in color or black and white?
14. The coolest thing you've found on the beach.
15. One of your favorite trips to the beach.
16. What country has the most coastline in the world?
17. What state in the U.S. has an area called the Treasure Coast?
Answer: Florida. The Treasure Coast is on the Atlantic side of the state and got it’s name from treasure found from the Spanish Treasure Fleet that was shipwrecked in a hurricane in 1715.
18. What's the largest mammal in the ocean?
Answer: The blue whale. The whale is known as the largest animal to have ever existed by getting up to about 100 feet long and weighing 100-150 tons!
19. What ocean has the deepest point on Earth that we know of?
Answer: The Pacific Ocean has the deepest point on Earth that we know of. This area is known as the Mariana Trench. It’s located near Guam.
20. How tall is the world’s largest sandcastle and what country was it built in?
Answer: The Guinness World Records states the world’s tallest sandcastle is 54 feet and 9 inches tall and was built in Duisburg, Germany in September 2017. The record states, “It took 168 trucks over a week to deliver the sand!”
save these for later!
1. Pin this post to use later here.
2. And, download these conversation starters so you can easily pull them up later!
You’ll Also Like these Fun Questions & Trivia!
GET MORE FUN QUESTIONS!
Get 501 more awesome conversation starters in our new game 501 Questions: A Travel Game! Have a blast with these on all of your adventures!
"Such great conversation starters!" -Tracy K., TheMoneySmartNomad.com
“This is gold! It transforms conversations into something with more meaning, more intention!”
-Joy Morehead, @More_Ahead