Need conversation starters for Thanksgiving? We got you!
Thanksgiving can bring on a whole range of emotions: excitement to get everyone together, dread of pending political conversations, anxiety as to what to talk about with family you only see every five years, or boredom hearing the same old stories over and over from Grandpa.
Here’s 20 questions to spark fun and new conversations with your family and friends during your Thanksgiving get togethers.
We’ve used these with our families and it’s amazing the new stories you hear, the new things you learn about your family, and new perspectives that come through new conversation. Enjoy!
20 Questions for Thanksgiving
Would You Rather:
1. Meet one of your ancestors from the past or a descendant in the future?
2. Take your next trip by plane, train, car, or boat?
3. Travel with a map or explore without a map?
4. Be a generalist or an expert?
5. Know your future or not know your future?
If You Could:
6. Write a book about your life, what would the theme of your book be?
7. Choose between exploring the depths of the oceans or flying into space, which one would you choose?
8. Travel to three countries next year, which countries would you choose?
9. Relive a season of your life, what season would it be?
10. Try something new you’ve been curious about, what would you want to try?
Tell Me About:
11. A time you were courageous.
12. Something you’re looking forward to this year.
13. One of your favorite memories from your childhood.
14. A time a stranger changed your life.
15. The best piece of advice someone gave you and the worst piece of advice you’ve received.
16. What city is known as the Mother of the World?
Answer: Cairo, Egypt
17. Guess three of the seven countries that have territorial claims of the south pole?
Answer: Norway, Australia, France, UK, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina. Other countries present at the south pole have research facilities on other country’s territories.
18. Which country has the most languages spoken?
Answer: Papua New Guinea, with 820 languages spoken
19. What country is credited for building the first modern car?
Answer: Germany by Karl Benz in 1885
20. What are three of the world’s seven natural wonders?
Answer: Mount Everest in Nepal, Victoria Falls in Zambia/Zimbabwe, Grand Canyon in Arizona, USA, Great Barrier Reef in Australia, Northern Lights, Parícutin volcano in Mexico, Harbor of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Save These for Later!
1. Pin this post to use later here.
2. And, download these conversation starters so you can easily pull them up later!
Want more Fun Questions?
Get the full game 501 Questions: A Travel Game with over 501 awesome conversation starters! Get it on Amazon today in Kindle or Paperback and keep the fun questions going!